Monday, October 19, 2009

At 31 Years Old Joy Discovers a Disturbing Thing

She has inherited her father's nose hairs.

Joy here. That's right. I now have thick black hairs in my nostrils that like to play peek-a-boo with the world.

In fact, I just plucked one that was at least half an inch long.

Gross, right?

After doing this (and plucking a few of his smaller, less ambitious brothers) I walked into my bedroom and asked Mr. Marshall, "Want to hear something gross?"

"No. Thank you."

Spoilsport.

I opted to respect his feelings, though, rather than testing again how disgusted he'd have to be to no longer want to sleep with me.

So I had to come here to tell you, dear Internet.

Want to know one more thing?

Plucking nose hairs hurts like the Dickens. At least I think so. I'm not entirely clear about how much the Dickens hurt.

I think I'll keep plucking them anyway.

I really don't want my father's nostril hairs waving to the world from the middle of my face.

I'm curious. What have you inherited from your parents?

No comments: